Fones4Schools is a mobile phone collection campaign operated by Eazyfone Group Ltd (Company Reg No: 4155766) who’s registered offices are at Guildford House, Heather Close, Lyme Green Business Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 0LR.
Eazyfone Group Ltd is a for-profit company. It is not a not-for-profit organisation or a charity.
Organisations taking part in the Fones4Schools mobile phone recycling campaign are not allowed to take part in any other mobile phone collection campaign operated by Eazyfone Group or their competitors.
Re-use and Recycling
- We work to substantially reduce the number of mobile phones that are sent to landfill sites. As mobile phones and their batteries contain several dangerous metals, including lead, cadmium, lithium and mercury, re-use and recycling helps protect the environment and save natural resources.
- We provide a guarantee that all donated mobile phones will, wherever possible, be reused (in accordance with the WEEE Directive).
- We provide the surety that, where reuse takes place, this will occur in growing economies across the globe where landline networks fail or are not available, and where such mobile communications technology is most highly sought after.
- The reuse policy, also, supports the United Nations Millennium Development Goal of making the benefits of new technology available to developing countries – especially information and communications technologies.
Acceptance of Handsets:
- Please ensure that you remove all SIM cards before sending your handsets to Fones4Schools. SIM cards contain personal details and we shall destroy any SIM card received, therefore, they cannot be returned.
- Blocked and/or stolen mobile phones are not accepted.
- Fones4schools do not require the handset chargers or boxes in order for the handset to be accepted. Chargers can be sent to Fones4Schools for recycling, however, they do not entitle the participating organisation to any additional cash reward.
- Fones4Schools and Eazyfone Group reserves the right to refuse and return any consignment of handsets it does not wish to accept.
- Fones4Schools and Eazyfone Group reserve the right to offer a lower value or not to pay a donation for mobile phones collected by participating organisations where the value of the mobile phones collected is lower than the reward offered for collection.
- In the unlikely event that this occurs Fones4Schools will contact the organisation immediately to discuss alternative solutions.
- For collections of over 300 phones Fones4Schools and Eazyfone Group reserve the right to request further details of the handsets to be collected, before a courier collection is arranged.
- Courier transport for collections are free of charge when the total number of handsets to be collected is over 50.
- Courier collections for less than 50 handsets are at the discretion of Fones4Schools.
- Courier collections can be arranged for a particular date but we are unable to guarantee a specific time of day. We are also unable to provide weekend or same day collections.
- If participating organisations wish to send in less than 50 phones this can be done so but at there own expense.
- All mobile phones sent in are non-returnable.
- Fones4Schools does not take any responsibility for the loss or damage to items during transit. It is strongly recommended that all participating organisations pack their handsets to minimise the risk of damage.
- It is the responsibility of the participating organisation to ensure that there organisations name is clear to Fones4Schools when the handsets arrive at our warehouse.
Payment of funds raised:
- For every 200 phones collected a cheque will be issued within 6 weeks of the consignment reaching out warehouse.
- Prizes shall be issued within 4 weeks of the consignment reaching our warehouse.
- All prices are quoted inclusive of VAT or other taxable charges and are subject to change without notice.
Eazyfone Group Ltd reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of the offer under the Fones4schools campaign with no notice where phones have not yet been collected by the campaign. Dispute Resolution – In the event of a dispute Eazyfone Group will return all mobile phones collected by the organisation at their cost.
Fones4schools takes no responsibility for bank charges incurred if cheques are presented more than six months after date of issue. If you still have an un-presented cheque after this time we will happily reissue the payment and you should contact the Fones4schools Team on 01625 667867 and return the cheque back to us before presenting it to your bank.